Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Things are pretty boring for us right now since Atlas and I are sick. Nothing big- just sore throats and Atlas has a tiny cough. I am pretty achey, and my head is killing, but that is mostly because of a mysterious incident that happened a few nights ago. We were asleep, Atlas was in between Nick and I. Nick and I were both faced outwards so neither of us noticed what happened. I was rudely awakened with what felt like a shovel hitting the back of my head. Atlas occaisionally thrashes around and has hit me before, plenty of times, but this one was different. It seriously made my vision colorful for a minute. Atlas was silent while I cried in the fetal position for a moment and then he started crying too.  I assumed we hit heads because the impact was very hard, but he was saying he had an ouchie on his leg. He cried really hard and wouldn't stop until I picked him up and rocked him and he cried himself to sleep. My head has since been throbbing everytime I get up or down and I have a splitting headache.
Today was a very nice fall day. It was sunny and perfectly nice if you wore a jacket. We dropped Nick off at school so we could have the car (his car is mysteriously not starting and we don't have money to fix it right now so it's just sitting in the parking lot) and we drove to the park. Then we went on a shopping spree for Atlas clothes. Everything Atlas owned, other than a few things my Dad bought him when he was out here last month, wasn't fitting. All his pants were floods. I like buying his clothes at Target cause it's cheap and still cute. I was bummed when we moved here cause I couldn't find a Target in Rhode Island, but I finally found one, in Massachusetts. It's only like 5 minutes from our house. So we drove there and raided the clearance racks. They had tons of stuff on sale so we bought a bunch of it. Later, after his nap, he wanted to try it all on. Here are some photos of him modeling with his best cheese face.






Last Sunday we had stake conference. It was a little over an hour away in some tiny town in Connecticut. It basically just felt like going to church on a crowded Sunday in Utah. It was really nice though cause it feels good to be in a large group of people that all believe the same thing. Also Nick and I really enjoyed being able to belt out the hymns. In our ward hymns are really quiet because we only have a piano (occasionally we sing accapella) and no one really sings too loud so you can always hear when you are off tune, but singing on Sunday with the organ and lots of people is great cause you can basically yell the hymns and still can't hear how horrible you sound.
I think I am getting a little more used to living out here, but I can't help but pine for home with the holidays coming up. Good thing we will be home on Christmas Eve. I can't wait to see everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Love him modeling all his new clothes with that huge grin on his face :) Sorry about being sick & all the mystery pain! Can't to see you guys at christmas!!! I will be un-patiently waiting until then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how happy he is with his new clothes. so cute!

    ReplyDelete