Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

It's been a really nice fall here in Rhode Island. The sun is usually out, the weather is in the forties to fifties. There are leaves everywhere.

Yesterday was a great day, even though I stayed in all day and cooked. I wanted go all out and have a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Our friend Eric came over and brought a pie and some turkey for himself. I cooked mashed potatos, sweet potatos, green beans, corn pudding, stuffing, gravy and rolls. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it. You have to put extra effort in to make a Holiday great when you don't have friends and family around.  We watched the parade in the morning and stuffed our faces all night. I missed being home, but it was all right.




1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious!! I really want you to cook for me one of these days!! Missed you as well on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete