Saturday, October 1, 2011

General Conference

I love General Conference so much.  I think it is so cool that the entire church, worldwide, will get the same revelation for our modern day. So far my favorite talk has actually been from the Relief Society session by Elder Uchtdorf. He said we need to focus on the why of the gospel, which made me think about my own whys of the gospel, why I am a member and why I believe. It's really important to constantly remind ourselves of our own testimonies and what we believe.  I also really loved today's talk about having children. I don't remember who it was by, but it felt important to me at the stage of life I am in, especially since moving out here and feeling like I am an alien because I am a young mother. The world really has changed and being a mother is not a respected position in life in most parts of the world. I have noticed this a lot out here and miss being in the little Utah bubble.  I used to hate the bubble and wanted to get away, but the older I get the more I realize how wonderful it is to be surrounded by people with your same ideals and standards. I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment