Sunday, December 7, 2014

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving! We made roasted veggies, stuffing, savory sweet potatoes with asiago, green beans in a shallot cream sauce, cranberry orange sauce, parmesan mashed potatoes, and I can't even remember what else. I also made a caramel apple and a blueberry pie. It was delicious. Friends brought homemade rolls, honey ricotta dip, sparkling cider and salad. I think it's safe to say nobody missed the turkey, we were all fat and satisfied. Our friends Ryan and Addy were in town and didn't mind eating nothing but leftovers for the rest of the weekend. We also had Tanya, Corena, and Angie from Nick's program over for dinner. It was really nice and one of my favorite Thanksgivings.



Ryan and Addy are so fantastic and always willing to put effort into our friendship. I'm so grateful for them and every time I see them I go through withdrawal for about a week. We only see each other about once a year, but they'll always be some of our very best friends, wether we see them or not. They are awesome and so sweet to the boys. Atlas asked if they could stay and be his second set of parents.




We are sticking around town for the Holidays for the first time. Nick has an extra class to teach and we have no traveling money. Usually our December is absolutely insane with multiple things scheduled every day when we are in Utah. I am going to miss family and friends (Debbie!!!!), but I am actually really excited that our December calendar is essentially empty. We have been very busy this semester and it will be nice to have a break so we can catch up on art and all the movies we want to watch. The four of us just love to cuddle up and hang out, and we plan on doing that as much as possible.


I need to upgrade my phone because I keep capturing really cute photos of the boys but they are all crappy quality. Oh well, even though they are blurry, you can still tell he's stinking cute.




No comments:

Post a Comment