Saturday, June 8, 2013

I am tired. This week has been intense. Very early Monday morning I flew out to Missouri to find our new home. Atlas wanted to pack my bag for me. He was pretty sure I needed all this stuff. I had to wait until he was out of the room to take it out and hide it cause he really wanted me to have this stuff.



It's quite a scary task for me to go somewhere I have never been and meet with a bunch of strangers and make a huge decision. Nick was going to stay home with the boys, so I gave my Dad a call and asked if he'd come out and help me so I had so company. It was so nice of him to come and fun to hang out with just my Dad. We explored Columbia and Nick's new campus, which is huge and beautiful.


Most importantly we found our new home.


It has a huge yard and is going to be perfect for us. I am very excited.


After three long days of house hunting my Dad and I flew into Salt Lake. We arrived around midnight on Wednesday, woke up Thursday morning and went to my little brother's family's sealing at the temple. He didn't know I was coming, so it was a surprise when they walked in the sealing room and saw me. The sealing was so incredible and it was so amazing to see all their little girls in white at the alter. It was a very happy occasion and I am so glad I didn't miss it.






I love my little nieces so much.


Afterwards, Lauren went to pick up her kids and we all met for lunch. It was so fun to be with so much of my family at one time.



Right after lunch I went straight to the airport in my church clothes to fly back to Providence. After five flights, 3 time zones, and being away from my kids all week it was so nice to be home. I had a hard time being away from my boys, but we got a lot done and had a great week. Thanks to my Dad for the idea and planning to get my out to see the sealing.

2 comments:

  1. That house looks awesome!! (From the outside anyways!!) Congrats! I can only imagine how much your boys will love playing outside in that yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dad seems as supportive and sensitive to your needs as mine. The best. How very awesome you got to go away and choose your knew home. How fun! And it's gorgeous there. Have to admit I'm a bit jealous.....so ready for a move/change but it will come when the time is right. Happy for you getting to be at the temple with your family. So important. The best.

    Peace, Anne

    ReplyDelete