Monday, May 14, 2012

We actually had a break from the rain over the weekend. We went on a really nice walk and found even more great places and buildings in Providence. (which means I will also be posting on Buildings in RI today) We walked by a beautiful little park called the Gladys Potter Garden, and Atlas wanted to stop so we went in and explored for a while.


It had a very Secret Garden/Snow White feel, with iron gates and trees surrounding the entire park. Tons of squirrels and birds were wandering around. There were a few little playgrounds and lots of communal toys.





On Saturday Nick spent most of the day writing a final paper while Atlas and I hung out with the 3 youngest Culley kids.


We walked to a park.


Tyson showed Atlas how to hit a baseball.


And we all ran around and got exhausted. We also had a pretty wild dance party, that I will post the video of if I can figure it out.


On Mother's Day we woke up and went to church. When we came home Atlas helped me unwrap my presents. I always give Nick crap because the only presents he knows how to give are books. Surprise, I got a pile of books!



Don't get me wrong. I love them all. Two of them even had Mother's Day drawings inside done by the authors.


After I read Nick's paper to check for grammatical errors we went to visit our friend Eric who just got home from the hospital. His surgery went well but he will be recovering for a while. Afterwards we went straight to Becky and Mohammed's for dinner. It was nice not to have to cook my own Mother's Day dinner and to have a bit of social time before coming back so that Nick could revise his paper some more. Unfortunately our day was so packed that we didn't get to skype either of our own Mothers, but look forward to doing that today.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of Atlas I can't believe how big he is!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. At least be happy Nick picks out gifts on his own, I have to tell Jeremy what I want or he won't get me anything..

    ReplyDelete