Thursday, May 3, 2012

Last night Atlas got to go over to the Culley's to get tended- one of his absolute favorite things to do. The Culleys are an awesome family in our ward that has been incredibly helpful and kind to us while we have been in Rhode Island. They have 4 kids, all of which Atlas love. They are a bit older than him, but that just makes it so they can show him all sorts of cool stuff. I keep meaning to get a picture of Atlas with them, but always forget. I haven't been taking too many photos lately, so I have none to put up.
Nick read one of his short stories at a reading last night and he did a great job. We also were able to go out to dinner together, something that we have only done one other time while we have been out here. It was a nice evening and fun to watch Nick read. He is very talented (but I like to make fun of him a lot so he doesn't get a big head.)
We are starting to plan out our trip West this summer. I can't believe it is already May. Time is flying. Nick went to his last class of the semester today. That means he is already half way through his program!
Atlas seems older to me everyday. He is still the sweetest kid on Earth. A couple nights ago I was laying with him to get him to sleep. Sometimes he has a hard time choosing who he wants to cuddle with and read him stories before bed. We turned out the lights and he was pretty still. I thought he was asleep, then he bolts up and says "Mom, I have a great idea! Let's ALL sleep together!" I said "no, we tried that a few nights ago and it made it so Daddy and I couldn't sleep." To which he says "It's ok, I will hold your hands!" as if that would solve the problem of not sleeping. He loves holding hands so much. Lately he always says "You are the best mommy I ever did seen." 3 years old is fun- he's so sweet and smart and funny and still very innocent. He has such an upbeat positive personality lately that makes life really fun. It makes me sad to think that he isn't always going to be this way. I wish I could freeze time or perfectly remember everything, but when I think about it, I don't even really remember what he was like at 1 years old, so I am sure I will slowly forget a lot of this too. I've been taking a lot of videos lately, but he never acts normal when the camera is on. I am going to try and upload some videos to the blog here soon. I don't know exactly how, cause I have never dealt with video files before, but I will figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment