Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Dad came into town last week. This was his 4th time in Providence, so I wondered what we could possibly do that would be fun for him, somehow we figured it out and had a great week. Nick was off school for his spring break so he was able to come along just about everywhere we went.

We went to the Peabody Essex Art Museum.


And strolled around in Salem, MA, which was a very cool town.


We went to a Witch Museum highlighting the Salem witch trials.


We went to the Franklin Park Zoo, just outside of Boston and got up close to a whole bunch of animals. I personally loved the gorillas the most.




Cosby had fun getting to know Grandpa. It was great to see him bonding with more family.


We showed my Dad one of our favorite spots in RI, Beavertail Lighthouse National Park.


Because no trip with my Dad and Atlas would be complete without throwing rocks into the ocean.


We had Easter dinner on Saturday night because my Dad got a second room in his hotel for Sunday night so that we could have a sleep over. Atlas had so much fun jumping from bed to bed and having pillow fights. He wore all of  us adults out and my Dad resorted to paying him a dollar if he could jump between beds 100 times so we could watch The Voice on tv, which he did (and then wanted to do again so that he could make another dollar.) Atlas and I fell asleep cuddling and watching tv, which was a nice treat.


Cosby stayed home Monday with Nick while Atlas and I went with my Dad to the Museum of Science in Boston


and a Duck Boat Tour. The week really wore him out. This is him enjoying the Duck Boat.




It is always great to have some company around and to go on some adventures. When my Dad left our apartment for the last time Monday night Atlas sat on the floor and said "tears are fallin' out of my eyes cause I miss him when he is gone."  He sure loves our families. Thanks for coming out here Dad! See you this summer!

1 comment:

  1. My sister just left so I can totally relate to how important and meaningful even less than a week with a visitor can be. What fun memories.

    ReplyDelete