Sunday, August 17, 2014

 I guess I should write on this thing?

Atlas starts kindergarten this week! Summer has been so boring and hard for him and I think he is going to really like school. We got him into a very small fine arts school. We've met his teacher, toured the school, bought supplies, and now we are just waiting. I am a wreck. I am excited and super sad. Kindergarten here is all day everyday. No half days, so it feels like a really big transition. I'm sure it will take us some time to figure out.

We've had to be creative this summer to try and keep the boys from going too crazy. Atlas broke all his Lego sets (which really bummed me out) and we put every single Lego that he has into building a fort. It took us over two weeks. The whole time Atlas was asking how soon he would be able to knock it down. My boys love destruction.



Cosby is still the cuddliest little guy on Earth. He is such a sweetie. He makes all of us happier.


We've been exploring close to home a bit. We went to Jefferson City (or Jeff City as the say out here) to see our states capitol.


We all love exploring. We didn't really have much of an agenda.


As long as the boys can climb on something they are happy.






We have also been spending a lot of time at parks. There are tons of parks here so we try to mix it up and keep it interesting.


My little sister Megan and my BIL Michael came for a visit. I was so happy. They drove all the way to MO for their summer vacation. M&M are super fun and pretty similar to us so we always have a good time.

We showed them St Louis


Which means we went to the City Museum, cause I want to show it to everyone.




We spent a moment at the art museum.


And laid around on the grass.


They just left this morning. It was very dramatic. Atlas even told me that he wanted to go back with them and I said "then you'll never see me again" and he said "we can Skype." I'm loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment