Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Potters came to town. Rob, Julie and Jaxon arrived last last Wednesday night and slept on the couches in our basement. In the morning we took them to Kansas City (although that is where they flew into the night before) and saw the KC Museum of Art. It was huge. Here is Atlas by a Rauschenberg.


There was also this giant awesome Chinese temple installed in one room.






The building itself was super fantastic.



Atlas liked this Samurai, so I told him to strike a samurai pose. This is it.



We hung out Friday and rested up. Rob and Julie even took the kids so that Nick and I could go on a date! I have so much anxiety leaving them, because I never do, that I was really worried I wouldn't enjoy going out, but a few minutes into the new Wes Anderson film I was fine.

Saturday we went to St Louis to the Science Museum. They had an interesting exhibit of all these metal dinosaurs that a dude made that you can control, some with simple machines, and some with xbox controllers.



We got snacks at a restaurant that brings your meal to you by train.


We also stopped by the WW1 Memorial and the Arch. It was a fun day and everyone was exhausted.


We love having visitors and it was great to have the Potters here. The kids did great with them and really liked them at our house .

No comments:

Post a Comment